Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This recipe probably has more “cheats” in it than any other in the book. You shred a supermarket rotisserie chicken (or leftover chicken) and toss it with barbecue sauce. I suggest topping it with Dill Pickle Cucumber Slices and serving it on Beer Bread, but you can certainly top it with chopped-up dill pickles from the store and serve it on your favorite commercial rolls or hamburger buns. For that matter, you can also buy the barbecue sauce at the supermarket if you don’t want to whip up my quick version. In short, it doesn’t get much simpler. And it’s delicious, too.
1. Prepare the Beer Bread, Basic Barbecue Sauce, and Dill Pickle Cucumber Slices, if using, or bring the prepared sauce to a boil in a medium saucepan and warm the store-bought buns.
2. Add the chicken to the sauce and heat until hot.
3. Cut the Beer Bread, if using, into 8 pieces (about 4 by 3 inches each). Place pieces of bread on each of 4 serving plates and divide the chicken mixture among them. Top the chicken with the pickled cucumbers, if using, and another piece of bread.
For nutritional information please follow the links above.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today