Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Ratatouille, a regional vegetable stew from Provence, is summer incarnate to us. When Beth taught French cooking out of her minute apartment kitchen, the first menu was always ratatouille, a classic salad with vinaigrette, and apple tart. This stew tastes even better the day after it is made, so you might want to plan ahead. Serve hot sprinkled with crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature with lemon wedges and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or cold drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
1. Put the cubed eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 1 hour to drain. Press out the excess moisture with the back of a spatula and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Combine the eggplant, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, and garlic in the slow cooker. Pour over the olive oil and toss to coat. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 1½ hours, or on LOW for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Stir in the zucchini. Cover and continue to cook on HIGH for another 1½ hours or LOW for 2 to 2½ hours. The last hour, add the basil and season with salt and black pepper. The vegetables will be cooked but will still hold their shape.
Cooker: Medium or large round or oval
Setting and cook time: HIGH for 2½ to 3 hours, or LOW for 4 to 5½ hours; zucchini added at 1½ to 3 hours, and basil, salt, and pepper added during last hour
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.