Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
What is the matter with Mary Jane?
…It’s lovely rice pudding for dinner again!
I would be delighted with rice pudding again; but then I am not a Victorian child subjected to it with startling frequency.
1. Combine raisins, rice, milk, sugar, and vanilla bean in a 2-quart soufflé dish. Cook, uncovered, at 100% for 10 minutes. Stir, and cook for 10 minutes longer.
2. Remove from oven. Whisk together cream and egg yolks, and stir into rice mixture.
3. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir, and cook for 1 minute longer.
4. Remove from oven and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional heavy cream.
For those who like their rice pudding with a baked topping, pour finished pudding into four individual gratin dishes. Heat broiler. Combine ½ cup sugar with 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon. Sift over puddings to coat. Place dishes on a cookie sheet. Put under broiler about 2 minutes, or until the puddings glaze. Allow to cool; refrigerate or serve warm.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today