Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I cooked this dish one night in New York when my editor came to dinner, and she commented that I had infused the tired combination of peas and carrots with new life.
1. Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, fennel, and carrots; sauté until the vegetables are softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until the rice is translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Begin adding the chicken broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the broth to be fully absorbed before adding the next cup. When all the chicken broth has been absorbed, add the wine and cook in the same manner. The rice should be al dente and moist, lightly bound with a little of the cooking liquid. Total cooking time should be about 25 minutes.
4. Stir in the asparagus and peas; cook just to heat through, about 3 minutes more. Remove the risotto from the heat. Fold in the Parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at once.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8. Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.