Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Ancho Chili Sauce, avocado, and pumpkin seeds turn spicy roast chicken into a rich seductive taco.
1. Heat the oven to 450°F.
2. Spread ¼ cup of the Ancho Chili Sauce on the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the chicken pieces, skin side up, in the roasting pan. Spread another ¼ cup Ancho Chili Sauce over the top of the chicken and salt lightly. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Baste the chicken pieces with the pan juices and bake for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken again. Add the plantains to the pan. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the meat is beginning to pull away from the bones. 20 to 25 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle.
3. Shred the chicken; discard the skin and bones.
4. To assemble, place about 1/3 cup of the chicken and plantains in the center of a tortilla. Top with some of the remaining Ancho Chili Sauce, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, chopped avocado, sour cream and cilantro sprigs. Fold and serve.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, 4 pounds of chicken pieces, 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, corn tortillas, but does not include Ancho Chili Sauce or Toasted Pumpkin Seeds. For nutritional information on Ancho Chili Sauce or Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, please follow the links above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.