Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Garlic cloves become deliciously caramelized and act as a thickening agent in this favorite of mine. Use a pan that can be brought to the table for serving, bistro style. Use a microplaner, a great time-saving gadget, to quickly grate the lemon zest before squeezing the juice.
1. In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, ¼ cup of the herbs, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange the chicken pieces in a roasting pan that can be brought to the table and pour the lemon-herb mixture over. Arrange the garlic cloves all around the chicken, stirring them to coat with the mixture. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until the chicken pieces are nicely browned and opaque throughout.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven. Add the broth to the pan and place on top of the stove over medium-high heat. Stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the olives and stir; cook a few minutes to heat them through. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons herbs and serve from the pan, or transfer to a platter. Serve immediately.
The lemon-herb mixture can be made 4 hours ahead, covered, and kept at room temperature.
The clever cook could:
1. Double the recipe.
2. Use half black olives for a contrast of color.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today