Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Wrap the quail in pancetta to keep the flesh moist. The apples and Calvados add a rich, sweet flavor to the dish.Good with roast potatoes and green beans.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Season the quail inside and out with the nutmeg, salt, and pepper, then tuck a couple of sage leaves into the cavity. Wrap a strip of pancetta around each bird, tucking the ends underneath.
2. Place the apples in a large roasting pan, and toss with the butter and sugar. Arrange the quail on the apples. Roast for 25–30 minutes, turning occasionally, until both the quail and apples have turned golden brown.
3. Transfer the quail and apples to a serving platter. Stir the Calvados into the roasting pan and stir over high heat until it boils. Cook for 30 seconds, then pour over the quail and apples. Serve at once.
Nutritional Benefits: Low fat
Prepare ahead: The quail can be prepared through step 1, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 day ahead.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today