Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Spicy vegetables make a punchy side dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut the squash in half where the bulbous part meets the "neck." Slice the squash into strips about ½ in (1cm) thick. Spread in an oiled roasting pan. Whisk the oil, 2 tbsp warm water, chiles, ginger, honey, and salt. Pour over the squash and mix well.
2. Bake, shaking the pan occasionally to discourage sticking, for about 40 minutes, or until tender. If the mixture seems dry, add a little more olive oil or water.
3. Transfer the squash to a large platter and sprinkle with the mint. Serve warm, with the lime wedges for squeezing.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)