Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Spicy vegetables make a punchy side dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut the squash in half where the bulbous part meets the "neck." Slice the squash into strips about ½ in (1cm) thick. Spread in an oiled roasting pan. Whisk the oil, 2 tbsp warm water, chiles, ginger, honey, and salt. Pour over the squash and mix well.
2. Bake, shaking the pan occasionally to discourage sticking, for about 40 minutes, or until tender. If the mixture seems dry, add a little more olive oil or water.
3. Transfer the squash to a large platter and sprinkle with the mint. Serve warm, with the lime wedges for squeezing.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today