Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Deep magenta with accents of white and green, serve this salad as a side dish or a first course. Good with grilled lamb or steak, or on its own, as a light lunch.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the beets in a roasting pan. Add ½ cup water and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Roast about 1¾ hrs, or until tender.
2. Uncover the beets and let cool. Peel and dice the beets.
3. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, and honey together in a small bowl, then whisk in the oil. Combine the beets, onions, and dressing in a bowl and toss. Sprinkle the arugula, feta, and mint over the top. Toss gently, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Variation: Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Substitute a firm, crumbly goat cheese for the feta. Scatter the salad with ¼ cup pomegranate seeds or toasted pine nuts.
Prepare ahead: The roasted beets and the dressing can be refrigerated separately for up to 1 day before combining.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today