Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Deep magenta with accents of white and green, serve this salad as a side dish or a first course. Good with grilled lamb or steak, or on its own, as a light lunch.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the beets in a roasting pan. Add ½ cup water and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Roast about 1¾ hrs, or until tender.
2. Uncover the beets and let cool. Peel and dice the beets.
3. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, and honey together in a small bowl, then whisk in the oil. Combine the beets, onions, and dressing in a bowl and toss. Sprinkle the arugula, feta, and mint over the top. Toss gently, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Variation: Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Substitute a firm, crumbly goat cheese for the feta. Scatter the salad with ¼ cup pomegranate seeds or toasted pine nuts.
Prepare ahead: The roasted beets and the dressing can be refrigerated separately for up to 1 day before combining.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.