Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
A delicious combination of shrimp, chicken, and sausage threaded on bamboo skewers and then grilled, will satisfy those eaters who can’t quite decide if it is poultry, pork, or seafood that strikes their fancy. Be sure to soak the bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes prior to assembling the kabobs to prevent them from burning on the grill.
1. Place the sweet and hot Italian sausages together in a large skillet and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat until the sausages are no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the sausages and cut into ¾-inch slices.
2. Thread 2 each chicken chunks, sausage, and shrimp alternately on each of 16 to 18 bamboo skewers. Arrange in a single layer in a large shallow glass dish.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the skewers and let marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally, 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the fireplace or grill for cooking.
5. Grill the skewers 4 inches above the hot coals, basting occasionally and turning once, until the meat and shrimp are browned on the outside and just cooked through inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve hot as an appetizer or light dinner.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Serving size is 1 skewer, total of 18 for the recipe. Nutritional information includes 1 teaspoon of added salt.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today