Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joey De Leo
“It is not really an exaggeration to say that peace and happiness begin, geographically, where garlic is used in cooking.”
Marcel Boulestin, British chef (1878-1943)
When tender, tiny green Brussels sprouts appear in the farmers’ markets, we know it’s a sure sign of autumn. We want warm food then, with forceful, forward flavors, and this dish fills the bill. Rather than cooking the baby cabbages as whole vegetables, I like to peel away and separate the leaves, making for a more elegant and unusual presentation.
1. Peel away and separate the leaves of the Brussels sprouts. Discard the cores.
2. In a large skillet, combine the oil, garlic, and salt. Cook over moderate heat, just until the garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the Brussels sprout leaves and cook just until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes more. Season to taste. Serve immediately.
EQUIPMENT: A large skillet.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
113 calories per serving
7 g fat
4 g protein
1 g carbohydrates
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.