Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
They do not serve al dente vegetables in Rome, they serve them cooked through, and with maximum flavor. This is not a dish that is brightly colored like the cover of a food magazine. You’re looking for the more muted pale green of a true Roman spring.
1. In a 10- to 12-inch sauté pan, combine the olive oil and pancetta and cook over medium heat until the pancetta is soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, red pepper flakes, and artichokes and cook until the artichokes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the water, favas, peas, escarole, and pepper and cook until the escarole is wilted and soft and the peas and beans are tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt.
3. Tear the mint leaves into pieces, sprinkle over the scafata, and serve. This dish is also good at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today