Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This dish is visually stunning, absolutely delicious, and packed with nutrition. Don’t be intimidated by the variety of root vegetables, they are easy to prepare. In fact, you should be aware of the incredible health benefits these vegetables offer, including vitamin A (carrots) and beta carotene (sweet potatos). Health benefits include lowering cholesterol (parsnips), and anti-carcinogen effects (turnips).
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Mix the sesame seeds and oil, extra virgin olive oil, tamari and garlic together.
2. Put all the vegetables in a large bowl and coat with the sesame and soy mix.
3. Spread on an oiled baking sheet, sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and roast for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables around on the tray with a spatula or wooden spoon and roast for 10-15 more minutes or until golden.
If you have extra marinade you can store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and use on chicken or fish. Great with the sesame and soy-brined chicken.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today