Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Tuna steaks are delicious when the exterior is browned but the center is rare. These steaks can be done on an outdoor grill, but when that isn’t feasible, the convection oven does a wonderful job.
1. Combine the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch in a heavy, zip-top plastic bag and add the tuna steaks. Close the bag and marinate the fish for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Position the oven racks so that the top rack is 6 inches from the top of the oven. Preheat the oven to convection roast at 500°F. Place a wire rack on top of a shallow-rimmed roasting pan. Rub the rack with oil.
3. Remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and rub with olive oil. Place on the rack in the roasting pan and roast for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until the surface of the tuna is browned but the center is still red.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on using 6 oz tuna steaks.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.