Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Frankie Frankeny
This is my version of the sushi bar favorite Goma-ae. The secret is to infuse aromatics into the spinach as it cooks, then squeeze all the liquid from it to form a compact bundle of spinach that’s full of flavor. The sesame dressing is the perfect complement.
1. Toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet until fragrant. Stir together the peanut and sesame oils, the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame seeds, vinegar, half of the minced shallots, half of the minced garlic, the ginger, and the sugar in a small bowl. Set aside, or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 3 hours.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining shallots and garlic, stirring for a few seconds, then the spinach, moving it around to quickly stirfry until it is completely wilted. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
3. When it is cool enough to easily handle, press the spinach between your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold or for up to 6 hours.
4. To serve, put the spinach in a ceramic serving bowl and drizzle the dressing generously over it. You will have leftover dressing, which can be drizzled over the dish you serve the spinach with, or used as a dressing or dipping sauce.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.