Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Here’s a new version of an old standby that everyone will enjoy. Delicious when hot out of the oven, it also makes a great leftover.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add vegetable stock and cook for 3 minutes. Add soy ground meat alternative. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
2. Add vegetables and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes, spreading evenly. Sprinkle vegan Cheddar cheese alternative over top.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until potatoes and cheese form a soft crust on top.
Frozen mixed vegetables come in several varieties. Those that include corn, green beans and peas work best in this dish.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving, and does not include the Garlic Mashed Potatoes. For nutritional information on the Garlic Mashed Potatoes, please follow the link above.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today