Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
These get their name because they were served to commemorate the first day of Spring in the Chinese calendar
1. In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, bean sprouts, red pepper, mushrooms, scallions, ginger, vinegar, and soy sauce.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool, then stir in the chicken.
3. In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with 4 tbsp cold water.
4. Dust a baking sheet with cornstarch. Lay a wrapper on a work surface. Top with half a cabbage leaf and 1 tbsp of the shrimp mixture. Brush the edges with the dissolved cornstarch and roll up around the filling, tucking in the sides and pressing together to seal. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
5. Line another baking sheet with paper towels. Preheat the oven to 200°F (100°C). Pour ¼ in (5mm) oil into a large frying pan. In batches, add the rolls and fry, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Keep warm in the oven while frying the remaining rolls. Serve hot, with the chile sauce for dipping.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings, 1/2 cup added oil for frying and does not include the sweet chile sauce.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.