Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This delicious, easily prepared weeknight meal can also serve as a great dinner party entree. Using an inexpensive cut such as eye-of-round or London Broil is a good way to try organic beef. You will be surprised by how flavorful this is and by using the thin slicing technique you remove the "tough" quality usually associated with lower-priced cuts of meat.
1. Heat the grill. Coat the roast with oil and vinegar, then add salt, pepper and rosemary. Place the beef on the grill and cook to desired temperature (I suggest medium rare).
2. Let the meat stand for a few minutes. Slice thin and serve with a final drizzle of the balsamic vinegar.
3. Sprinkle with parsley and more rosemary if desired. I also like to top it with sautéed garlic and hot chili flakes that have been lightly sautéed in two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
If you have extra beef, save it for a few days and make tacos, steak sandwiches, or salad.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information includes 2 lbs of London Broil, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to drizzle on the meat.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today