Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Colorful and tasty root vegetables–carrots, turnips, parsnips, and potatoes–slow-roasted in butter and olive oil make a beautiful and hearty accompaniment to almost any winter dish. This is an especially good side to serve at a holiday meal.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Put a heavy roasting pan over 2 burners on the stove. Heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, parsnips, turnip, and potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned in places, about 5 minutes. Generously season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Add the rosemary and thyme and stir well to combine.
3. Roast the vegetables in the oven until soft when pierced and golden brown, about 1 hour. Transfer to a large platter and serve.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.