Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Crisp fishcakes make a tasty starter, and are a good way to use up leftover mashed potato. Good with a salad of arugula and watercress, and homemade mayonnaise, rouille, or tartare sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the smoked haddock in a baking dish with 3 tbsp water. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, until heated through. Uncover and let cool, then flake into pieces.
2. Mix the flaked haddock, mashed potato, scallions, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and mustard together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 cakes. Place the flour in a small dish, the beaten egg in another, and the bread crumbs in a third dish. Roll each fishcake in the flour, then dip into the egg, and coat with the bread crumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. In batches, add the cakes and cook about 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.
Prepare ahead: The fishcakes can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours before frying.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.