Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This popular restaurant appetizer is easy to make at home.
1. Make the mayonnaise. Pulse the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar in a food processor until well combined. With the machine running, pour in the oil in a thin stream. Stir in the dill and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
2. Parboil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Peel and shred on a box grater.
3. Combine the grated potato, salmon, scallions, parsley, egg, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs with the dill and parsley.
4. Shape the potato mixture into 6 cakes and coat in the bread crumbs. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the cakes and fry, turning once, about 5 minutes, until golden on both sides. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
5. Serve hot, garnished with the lemon wedges, and serve the mayonnaise on the side.
Prepare ahead: The cakes can be made the day before, covered, and refrigerated. The mayonnaise can be made 2 days in advance.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today