Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Chipotle chiles (smoked jalapeños–very hot!) are the perfect partner for sweet, ripe tomatoes in this spunky salsa.
1. Cut the tomatoes into ½-inch dice and place in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add the garlic, chipotle, salt, vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice, and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until shortly before serving.
3. Stir in the scallions and parsley just before serving. Serve cold.
TOMATOES ARE POTENT
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants that are believed to have cancer-fighting properties. It’s interesting to note that both fresh and processed tomatoes—including tomato-based products like tomato Juice, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and even ketchup—have been found to contain significant levels of antioxidants. So you don’t have to wait until tomato season to reap the rewards.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today