Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This great winter warmer is easy to prepare. Good with large spoonfuls of crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, or with créme anglaise.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (145°C). Carefully cut a 1 in (2.5cm) slice from the top of each apple. Rub cut surfaces of the apples with the lemon as you work. Using an apple corer or a small, sharp knife, remove the core from each apple, leaving the bottom ¼ in (3mm) intact.
2. Put the walnuts, butter, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a food processor and pulse several times. The mixture should be coarse, not purèed.
3. Fill each apple cavity with the walnut mixture and replace the tops. Arrange the apples upright in a shallow, ovenproof dish, then pour in about ½ in (1cm) water.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until the flesh is tender when pierced with the point of a knife. When slightly cooled, carefully remove the apples from the baking dish, transfer them to serving plates, and serve hot.
Leftovers can be reheated and served with heavy cream, or enjoyed cold.
Nutritional Benefits: Low fat.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.