Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
The most popular seafood is cloaked with cheese sauce and broiled until golden
1. Toss the shrimp, lime juice, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl and let stand for about 15 minutes.
2. Position the broiler rack about 8 inches from the source of heat and preheat the broiler. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the chiles and garlic and cook about 5 minutes more, until tender.
3. Spread in a large, ovenproof serving dish. Drain the shrimp and arrange over the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the cream sprinkle with the Gruyére.
4. Broil about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turn opaque and the cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Good with fresh bread and a crisp green salad.
As an alternative, you can bake the shrimp at 400°F (200°C) for 20 minutes.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today