Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
1. Roll up strips of chicken and place on a large serving platter. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Broth: In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, garlic, green onions, chili pepper, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, basil, ginger, sugar and curry paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Immediately transfer to fondue pot, setting flame to keep at a simmer.
3. Spear chicken roll with fondue fork. Fondue for 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Sweet Thai dip, Thai peanut sauce, Asian dipping sauce.
You can use soy sauce in place of fish sauce, but the broth won’t be quite as authentic.
If you prefer a less spicy broth, omit the Thai chili.
To turn this fondue into a meal, serve with a vegetable platter consisting of mushrooms, sliced bell peppers and broccoli florets. Fondue vegetables to desired doneness. When about one-quarter of the chicken remains, add it and any remaining vegetables to fondue pot. Simmer for several minutes, then add soaked and drained rice stick noodles. Serve as a soup to end the meal.
Broth can be prepared in advance and then boiled on the stovetop prior to transferring to fondue pot.
Nutritional information does not include Chicken Broth. For nutritional information on Chicken Broth, please follow the link above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today