Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Bright green broccoli florets spiced with a garlicky ginger sauce provide a striking contrast to tofu and snowy white rice.
1. In a small bowl, stir together the tamari, water, sugar, salt, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the safflower oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until bright green. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and tofu to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return the broccoli to the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the tamari mixture and the scallions and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until the broccoli is tender and well coated with the sauce. Serve over the rice.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on using 4 cups of cooked long-grain white rice.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today