Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This recipe gives potatoes a Greek-flavored spin. It’s delicious with Warm or Cold Tomato and White Bean Soup.
1. Bake or microwave the potatoes until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving a sturdy shell, about ¼ inch thick all around.
2. Transfer the scooped-out potato to a mixing bowl and mash it coarsely. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
3. Stuff the mixture back into the potato shells. Heat as needed in the microwave or in a preheated 400°F oven, and serve.
Stuffing potatoes is an enjoyable way to showcase these versatile roots. One tip for making stuffed potatoes easier is to bake or microwave the potatoes ahead of time. It’s easier to scoop them out when they are at room temperature—they are firmer and less likely to fall apart.
If the potatoes are already cooked when you are ready to stuff them, these tasty treats will be done in a snap, leaving you more time to create an abundant salad and other accompaniments.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Total fat: 5 g
Protein: 8 g
Carbohydrate: 33 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Sodium: 392 mg
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.