Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
This elegant panini features sweet Bosc pears and savory feta cheese and sage, laced with a drizzle of tart balsamic vinegar.
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place two slices on a work surface, buttered side down, and spread with cream cheese. Evenly layer with pear slices, feta, spinach, sage and walnuts. Drizzle with vinegar. Cover with top halves, buttered side up, and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
When I can’t find walnut bread, I use cranberry bread, pistachio bread or challah. If you cannot find any of these, use wheat or white bread.
For the best flavor, always use fresh sage rather than dried. Cooking sage helps it develop its full flavor potential.
Tip: Roasting nuts gives them a richer, fuller flavor. To roast, spread nuts evenly on a baking sheet and roast in a 350°F (180°C) oven until fragrant and light brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Smaller nuts and seeds, such as pine nuts, chopped hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, can be toasted in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir constantly with a spatula or wooden spoon to keep them from burning.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today