Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
The smoked turkey acts like a ham hock, bringing a salty, smoky, meaty flavor to the soup.
1) Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot and add the onions, garlic, and celery. Cook until the onions soften, about 5 minutes. Keep the pot covered between stirrings.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 1¼ hours.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per Serving: Calories 357; Protein 29g; Fat 3g (Saturated 0g); Carbohydrates 55g; Fiber 8g; Sodium 1398mg
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.