Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
The smoked turkey acts like a ham hock, bringing a salty, smoky, meaty flavor to the soup.
1) Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot and add the onions, garlic, and celery. Cook until the onions soften, about 5 minutes. Keep the pot covered between stirrings.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 1¼ hours.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per Serving: Calories 357; Protein 29g; Fat 3g (Saturated 0g); Carbohydrates 55g; Fiber 8g; Sodium 1398mg