Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
This simple Italian glaze really compliments the flavors of the strawberries. The flavors stand out more when served at room temperature, so try to prepare just before serving. If necessary, the dish can be refrigerated—just be sure to remove and let stand for one hour at room temperature before serving. For best results, buy organic strawberries and a good quality balsamic vinegar.
1. Removing the stems, slice the strawberries. Place in a large bowl and mix with the honey. Let marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. To prepare the whipped cream, place the pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until completely ground. Add the honey and vanilla and mix well. If necessary, add water 1 tablespoon at a time to reach the desired cream consistency. You may need to stop the food processor several times to scrape down the sides.
3. Just before serving, toss the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar. Top with whipped cream and serve at room temperature.
For a change...
• Try this recipe with any seasonal berry, like blueberries or blackberries.
Even if you don’t buy organic all of the time, strawberries are a fruit that you should buy organic whenever possible. Strawberries have lots of little pockets where pesticides can reside-buying organic strawberries will help you avoid pesticide residue.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.