Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This is Italian ice cream with a twist; texture and sweetness are added with crushed meringues.
1. Lightly brush the springform pan with vegetable oil. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Purèe the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Whip the cream with the confectioner's sugar just until soft peaks form. Fold into the strawberry purèe, then fold in the crushed meringues and liqueur. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Meanwhile, make the strawberry coulis. Purèe the strawberries, then strain through a fine wire sieve to remove the seeds. Stir in the lemon juice, then the sugar, adding more sugar if needed.
4. Just before serving, remove the sides of the springform. Invert onto a platter and peel off the paper. Cut into slices, dipping a sharp knife into hot water between slices. Transfer each slice to a plate. Spoon the coulis around each serving and garnish each with a whole strawberry. Serve chilled.
Prepare ahead: Freeze the semifreddo for at least 6 hours. The coulis can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Leftovers can be refrozen for up to 3 months.
Freezing Information : Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today