Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Fresh sardines are full of flavor, and this easy rice and herb stuffing soaks up the tasty juices from the fish
1. Cook the rice in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain again.
2. Combine the rice, pine nuts, currants, parsley, mint, dill, and lemon juice. Season with salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
3. Divide the stuffing among the sardines, packing firmly into each cavity. Tightly overwrap each sardine with a vine leaf. Brush lightly with the olive oil.
4. Preheat a broiler or build a hot fire in an outdoor grill. Broil or grill the sardines, turning once, for 4-5 minutes, until the sardine flesh is opaque (open one to check). Transfer the fish to a platter. Serve hot, with the lemon wedges.
Good with new potatoes and a crisp salad.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.