Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This was one of my favorite things to make and eat during the summers I spent with my aunt and uncle on Nantucket. It is still, in my opinion, the most delicious way to savor summer squash.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Brush a 10-inch round casserole or soufflé dish with the oil. Arrange a layer of summer squash slices evenly in the bottom of the casserole. Top with a layer of onion and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs. Dot with slices of Cheddar cheese. Repeat the layers, alternating the Havarti and Cheddar. Finish with a layer of cheese. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil.
3. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the squash is tender and the cheese is bubbly and browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today