Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
There are few dips more vibrantly colorful than this one. It’s also another dip that is low in fat but high in flavor—serve it with crudités for a snack that will get high marks from your calorie-watching guests.
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook uncovered, stirring often, until the onion is browned, about 6 minutes. During the last minute, add the garlic. Let cool slightly.
2. Combine the red peppers, onion and garlic, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and cumin in a food processor and process to a puree. Season with salt. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool completely, then cover tightly and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve chilled.
Make-Ahead: The dip can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings and includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today