This soft butter will start melting as soon as it’s spooned over a piece of warm salmon, creating a simple sauce.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh fennel fronds or fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix together the butter, fennel, orange juice, zest, and honey until smooth, either in a food processor, in an electric mixer, or by hand.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Scrape the butter into a decorative small bowl and serve.
© 2003 Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross
A STEP AHEAD: You can make the butter up to 3 days ahead and store it, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature a few hours before you plan to serve it.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings and includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
97mcg RAE (3%)