Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Talk about fabulously simple and seriously delicious—this is it, the perfect summer soup. Sweet petits pois are blended with ripe avocado for an excellent first course or light luncheon dish. A little goes a long way, so serve in small bowls.
1. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade combine the avocado and peas and process until smooth. Add the broth, scallions, lemon juice, sour cream, and 3 tablespoons of the salsa and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Serve in small cups with a dollop of the remaining 1 tablespoon of salsa on top of each.
May be made up to 6 hours ahead, covered well, and refrigerated.
The clever cook could:
1. Garnish this with shredded cucumber and carrots.
2. Double the recipe for a dinner party.
3. Garnish with a corn-tomato relish.
4. Garnish with chopped cooked shrimp, lobster, or crabmeat.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today