Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
This vegetarian entree tops my list. The spicy chipotle chili powder, smoky tomatoes, and naturally sweet yams over unassuming couscous is fantastic.
1. In large nonstick pot, heat oil and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili and chipotle powder for 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, beans and broth.
2. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook about 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Serve over couscous.
Chipotle chili powder has a smoky spicy flavor found in spice section. Fire-roasted tomatoes, also in groceries, have a smoky fiery flavor. Chili powder and diced tomatoes may he substituted to save a trip to the store.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories from fat 10%
Saturated Fat 0g
Dietary Fiber 11g
Dietary Exchanges: 3½ starch, 2 vegetable
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today