Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Swordfish aficionados who swear to the pure tastes of grilling this meaty fish, might wince at the thought of baking it indoors smothered in a tomato sauce. I recommend trying this method once the grill has been stored away for the winter as I find that the slightly sweet, sherry-laced sauce is a wonderful complement to the swordfish in this authentic Portuguese dish.
1. Arrange the swordfish in a single layer in a lightly oiled shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub all over with the lemon juice.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, sherry, and wine. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
4. Pour the sauce over the fish in the baking dish and scatter the lemon slices over the top. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake just until the fish is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.