Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Fruit segments and orange juice turn this subtle-flavored dish into something far more lively.
1. Drain the juice from the oranges and pineapple over a measuring cup, and add enough orange juice to make 2½ cups.
2. Bring the tapioca and juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly. The liquid will be very cloudy at first, then become clear. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring often for about 40 minutes, or until the pearls become translucent and the mixture is thick and glossy. Brush down the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush occasionally.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar, adding more to taste. Stir the fruit into the pudding. Spoon into bowls and serve hot. Top with yogurt, and sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
Cook the tapioca in the juice, allow to cool then stir in the yogurt or cream, followed by the fruit, and chill to make a mousse-like dessert.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)