Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning during grilling.
2. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers (3 or 4 to each skewer). Lay in a single layer in a shallow nonaluminum dish.
3. To prepare the marinade, whisk together the lime juice, tequila, garlic, shallots, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until combined. Taste for seasoning.
4. Pour over the shrimp and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or as long as 4 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Prepare the barbecue for medium-heat grilling.
6. Grill the shrimp about 3 inches from the fire, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and slip the shrimp off the skewers.
7. Garnish with lime slices and watercress. Serve immediately
Advance Preparation: This may be prepared 4 hours in advance through step 4 and refrigerated.
Pour a crisp sauvignon blanc or french chablis.
If you’re in the mood for something light and delicious, grilled shellfish is the answer. Scrub clams, mussels, and oysters under running water, removing any beards from the mussels. Prepare the barbecue for medium-high-heat grilling. Place the shellfish on the grill, cover, and barbecue until they begin to open, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include the Garnish.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today