Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
This is a simple relish, traditionally served with satays and fried foods.
1. In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast separately the coriander seeds, peppercorns and cloves until fragrant; set aside. In a bowl, stir together cucumbers, onions, carrots and chilies; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine toasted spices, 1/3 cup (75 ml) water, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce and salt; bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes. Pour through a sieve over cucumber mixture. Stir in lime juice; let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours. The relish will keep a few days in the refrigerator. Serve garnished with coriander.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include optional coriander garnish.