Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I eat tofu burgers because I like them, not just because they’re good for my health.
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with a nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
2) Wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze out all the excess moisture. Twist the towel hard around the tofu because the less water, the better the texture of the burgers.
3) All the ingredients can easily be mixed in a food processor using the steel blade. Mince the garlic first, then pulse in the rest of the ingredients. If you’re mixing the ingredients by hand, make sure the garlic is finely minced and the egg is lightly beaten before putting it all together. Handle it as you would meatloaf, kneading it with your hands.
4) Using your hands, form the mixture into 4 patties. Place them on the baking sheet.
5) Bake for 10 minutes, turn over, and bake for 5 minutes more.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per Serving: Calories 230: Protein 22g: Fat 12g (Saturated 2g): Carbohydrates 13g: Fiber 1g, Sodium 290mg
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.