Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
As you might suspect, corn and beef have a great affinity. So do corn and tomatoes. Not so coincidentally, corn, tomatoes, and steak all have an affinity for the grill. Which means, while you can serve this succulent salsa year round, I recommend you make it for the first time when summer vegetables are at their peak. That way, you’ll never forget it, though you may forget what else you served that night. There will be no need for a sauce or vegetable to accompany the steak.
1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the com and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking, and drain again. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Combine the com, tomatoes, jicama, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, jalapeño, garlic, and salt. Stir well, cover with plastic wrap, and put aside at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.