Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Cooked in lightly boiling water, then tossed with vinegar, olive oil, and just a touch of cream, cauliflower shows off its delicate sweet side. Preparing it in this fashion allows the often times pungent vegetable to let go of its cooked cabbage personality. Even for noncauliflower eaters, this little dish of snow-white florets may come as a refreshing surprise. Serve it with the meal or as part of a before-dinner antipasto.
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted boiling water to a boil over high heat. Trim core from cauliflower. Cut enough into 1- to 1½-inch florets to measure 6 cups.
2. Cook cauliflower at a medium boil until nicely tender but not falling apart, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well. Place in large bowl and while still warm, toss gently first with vinegar, then cream, using a rubber spatula. Toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
3. Serve warm or at room temperature sprinkled with basil.
Variation: Replace the basil with fresh or dried mint or oregano.
Trim the stems to ½ to 1 inch in length; the florets look most attractive that way.
Cooking the cauliflower in a large pot of water helps remove its stronger taste and aroma.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings. Nutritional information does not include salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today