Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Here’s a summery no-fuss cooking technique for trout or salmon or any of your favorite fish, including red snapper or tilapia. Serve with new baby potatoes and green beans.
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, parsley, vinegar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Place trout in baking dish. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and wine.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and turn back one corner to vent. Microwave on Medium (50%) for 3 ½ to 5 minutes or until fish is opaque. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. To serve, arrange fish on serving plates and top with a spoonful of the tomato sauce.
Use extra virgin olive oil and vine-ripened tomatoes for maximum flavor.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.