Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This dish is a time-honored way of using turkey leftovers after a holiday meal. Good with steamed rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles.
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and red and green peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes more.
2. Sprinkle in the flour. Stir in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is boiling and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir in the turkey and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is heated through. Sprinkle with the paprika and serve hot.
Chicken à la King: Substitute the turkey with the same quantity of chicken. Replace half the milk with chicken stock, and the mushrooms with sliced zucchini.
Prepare ahead: The dish can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated up to 1 day ahead, then reheated gently before serving.
Freezing Information: Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today