Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
There are never enough wonderful ways to cook the myriad of winter squash that are available. Here is an easy winter one-pot meal that fills the kitchen with a delightful aroma. Calvados is a strong apple brandy that is made in Normandy, France. Serve with couscous, rice, or cornbread.
1. Spray the inside of the crock with nonstick cooking spray. Layer the squash and apple rings in the bottom. Place the turkey thighs on top and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and the shallot.
2. In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, Calvados, brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice; pour over the turkey. Cover and cook on LOW for 5½ to 6½ hours, until the meat is tender. Serve immediately.
Cooker: 3 quart
Setting and Cooking Time: Low for 5½ to 6½ hours
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today