Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
This appetizer is quick and easy to make. It is ready to serve in the time it takes to cook and cool the udon. Turn it into a main dish by adding sauteed tempeh or tofu.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the udon noodles and cook 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well blended.
3. Place the cooled noodles in individual serving bowls. Drizzle with the sauce, garnish with cucumbers and scallions, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
• Top with chopped pickles or shredded nori.
• For a “sesame” version, reverse the ratio of peanut butter and tahini.
• Add julienned carrots or daikon radish.
• Spice it up with 1 or 2 drops of extra-hot sesame oil or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.