Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Lentils replace the lamb, and yogurt is a light alternative to béchamel sauce, in this vegetarian version of a Greek favorite. Good with a mixed green salad and crusty rustic bread.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss the eggplant, zucchini, onions, and red peppers in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and thyme. Continue roasting for 30–35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Reduce the temperature to 350°F (180°C).
3. Stir the tomatoes with their juices, the lentils, and the parsley into the roasted vegetables and season with salt and pepper as needed. Transfer the vegetables to a 9in (23cm) square baking dish.
4. Beat the yogurt, eggs, and paprika together and season lightly with salt and pepper (keeping in mind that the feta cheese is very salty). Spread over the vegetables and sprinkle with the feta. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake for 10 minutes more, or until the top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve hot (or cool and serve at room temperature).
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.