Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Cook lasagne noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, or firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain. Let noodles sit in bowl of cool water until ready to use.
2. Steam the broccoli in a rack set over 1 inch simmering water, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cool; coarsely chop; set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium skillet; add onion; sauté until tender. Add 1 teaspoon of the garlic; sauté 1 minute.
4. In a bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, half the sautéed onion, the ricotta, eggs, 2 tablespoons of tile Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and a pinch each of black pepper and nutmeg; set aside.
5. Add the chopped carrots to the onion remaining in the skillet; sauté, stirring, over medum heat until crisp-tender; stir in the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until boiling gently. Boil, stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes; stir in 1 tablespoon of the remaining parsley, the basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out skillet.
6. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet; add the mushrooms. Sauté, stirring, over medium neat, until liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add green or red bell pepper; sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
7. Heat oven to 350°F. Select a shallow 4-quart baking dish approximately 10 × 14 inches. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the dish. Lift the lasagne noodles from the water individually and blot dry on paper toweling. Arrange a single layer of noodles in dish.
8. Spread the mushroom layer over the noodles; sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of the remaining Parmesan. Top with a second layer of noodles. Spread with the ricotta and broccoli mixture; sprinkle with ½ cup of the mozzarella. Top with a third layer of noodles. Spread with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan and the remaining 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
9. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today